Accessing/ Logging in
If your public library, academic institution or government agency does not subscribe to ReferenceUSA you will not be able to access this resource. Ask your library, school or agency if they subscribe or contact us. If you are a public library, academic institution or government agency looking to inquire about subscriptions please contact us.
- Internal Access
If you are accessing referenceUSA from inside a subscribing institution but are unable to log in this might be a technical problem. The technical administrator at your organization should be able to verify this or contact us.
- Remote Access
If you are accessing ReferenceUSA remotely, outside of the subscribing institution, you need to start at the website of the library or institution in question. Find the link for referenceUSA on their website. Once you click the link you will be prompted to enter your library card number and accept the terms and conditions. You will then have access to referenceUSA. If you have done this and still cannot access referenceUSA please contact us.
- System Requirements
If you followed the instructions above and were unable to access referenceUSA ensure you are you using the minimum system requirements and appropriate settings for ReferenceUSA? For minimum requirement click here.
- Library card/ Credential
If you do not have a valid library card or credentials from your subscribing institution you will need to contact the organization and obtain this before being able to access our service. ReferenceUSA does not manage library cards or login credentials.
- Not Prompted for library card
If you clicked the link to ReferenceUSA and were not prompted for your library card number, or not taken to ReferenceUSA databases please contact your library or contact us as this may be a technical problem.
- Error Messages
If you receive an error message when trying to access referenceUSA please clear your cookies and cache by deleting your browsing history. Then try to access referenceUSA again from the beginning. If this does not solve the problem please contact us.
- Personalized Accounts
To log into your personalized account you must first access referenceUSA through your local library. You can then log into your personalized accounts, which will allow you to save your searches.
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 or later Apple iOS 7 or later
Browser: Internet Explorer 11 or later Firefox (latest version) Chrome (latest version) Safari (latest version)
We recommend using the most recent version of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, or Apple Safari. Users who are not using one of the minimum browser(s) listed above may find that some or all of the pages within ReferenceUSA will not display properly
The main objective of Firewall and/or Internet Security Software is to establish rules and measures to protect against attacks over the Internet. Subsequently, remote (home) users are using a variety of personal firewalls and/or software packages to counter this threat (i.e., LynkSys Firewall, Norton Internet Security Software, etc.).
Any Referenceusa access issue can be easily overcome by reconfiguring the device or software. Although ReferenceUSA and its staff are not qualified to troubleshoot and support remote (home) users’ personal firewalls and/or security software, most vendors of these devices/software packages offer technical support for customers.
If you are connected to the Internet via a cable modem with a personal firewall and/or Internet security software and are receiving the username/password challenge page from ReferenceUSA, reconfiguring device/software can possibly fix this issue. Please refer to the device/software users’ manual and/or the vendor for additional technical assistance.
1. IP (Internet Protocol) Authentication
- For this method, subscribing customers would need to provide us with a valid IP range of workstations, servers and/or firewalls from which ReferenceUSA will be accessed over the Internet. Once this is accomplished, those users will be able to access ReferenceUSA directly without impediment.
2. Secured and Unsecured Referring URL (Uniform Resource Locator)
- For this method, subscribing customers would create a link to ReferenceUSA from either a secured or unsecured page within their website.
- If the page is secured, the subscribing customer has verified the integrity and credentials of remote users via an authentication/validation process. Those users will be allowed direct access to the product when forwarded from the subscribing customers’s secured link (or referring URL).
- If the page is unsecured, ReferenceUSA can present a challenge page prompting users for specific log on credentials (i.e., barcode, or username and password). Once the remote user enters the correct log on information, direct access to the product is granted.
3. Persistent Cookie Authentication
- For this method, users will need to log into a designated cookie installation page with a specific cookie installation username/password combination. After the initial logon has been completed, a persistent cookie is deposited onto the workstation(s) accessing ReferenceUSA. Every time the workstation(s) access ReferenceUSA following the successful installation of the cookie, the workstation(s) will be able to access without seeing a challenge page, as if they were IP authenticated. Once the cookie is installed, it should not need to be reinstalled unless the cookie is deleted. It is equally important to remember to enable persistent cookies in the browser configuration settings prior to installation.
- Unable to Authenticate URL
Clear cookies and cache by deleting your browsing history.
- Unable to provide access at this time
Clear cookies and cache by deleting your browsing history.
- Google API error message
Please contact us.
- You have reached your download limit
You may continue printing or downloading records but the system is set to only allow a certain number of records per download. The number is displayed at the bottom of the results page in red text. Once you download the allotted number of records you need to uncheck those records before downloading the next set of records. Repeat this process of checking the allowed number of records, downloading/printing those records and then unchecking those pages before moving on with more downloading/printing.
- Your account is associated with another library
Please contact us.
According to EZ Proxy’s website
ReferenceUSA requires the following database definition in config.txt:
What our customers are saying
We’ve had great success with the ReferenceUSA product, especially with our business students. It has a simple interface that provides a quick lookup or an in-depth screening mode that allows the user to locate a specific company or group of companies based on a wide variety of criteria. The information provided about corporate linkage to a parent and subsidiary is especially useful as is the rest of the information returned with the search results. We have come to rely heavily on ReferenceUSA as a first stop for much of our directory lookups.
ReferenceUSA is a robust tool that not only provides rich data but helps users better understand the information through its mapping and visualization features. Our library patrons use ReferenceUSA for competitive intelligence, marketing information as well as tracking and monitoring neighborhoods for potential trends in consumer purchase patterns. In addition to entrepreneurs, we see many job seeking and re-careering clients use the database to acquire deeper insight on the companies and industries that match their career interests. Similarly, patrons also search the database to identify the potential employers. ReferenceUSA is a central part of our business information offerings and a resource that continues to captivate staff and patrons alike.